A few weeks ago, Jon found a used green ceramic grill for sale about 80 miles from our home. We loaded up into the truck and drove to go pick it up. Over the past week, Jon has been eagerly getting the grill fixed and up and running.
I went to yoga at our favorite local brewery and afterwards, had their delicious BBQ Chicken Nachos. Since Jon had to work, I made sure to tell him all about the nachos. We kept talking about them again the next day and started craving them. Since Jon has been so excited to try out the grill, we decided to break it out and grill up some chicken to put on the nachos.
Our home version of the BBQ Chicken Nachos turned out even better! They are AMAZING.
For this recipe, use as much or as little of the ingredients as you wish. If there’s something you don’t like, leave it off. This is a great recipe that you can customize to your own liking.
Cooked grilled chicken, shredded
Bacon strips, cooked and chopped
Black beans, canned and liquid drained and beans rinsed
Red onion, chopped
Shredded cheese (we used colby-jack and cheddar)
On an oven-safe sheet pan, place half of the tortilla chips in a single layer. Top with half of the rest of the ingredients. Drizzle on the barbecue sauce.
- Tortilla chips
- Cooked grilled chicken, shredded
- Bacon strips, cooked and chopped
- Black beans, canned and liquid drained and beans rinsed
- Corn kernels
- Tomato, chopped
- Red onion, chopped
- Jalapenos, sliced
- Shredded cheese (we used colby-jack and cheddar)
- Barbecue sauce
- On an oven-safe sheet pan, place half of the tortilla chips in a single layer. Top with half of the rest of the ingredients. Drizzle on the barbecue sauce.
- Complete a second layer of chips and the remaining half of the ingredients. Drizzle more barbecue sauce over the top.
- Broil the BBQ Chicken Nachos until the cheese is melted.