It’s the first of the year and everyone is starting their New Year’s resolutions, and those usually include getting healthy or eating healthier things.
I don’t normally make a resolution. When I want to make a change in my life I usually just start working at it rather than waiting until the New Year. I’ve been trying to make healthier choices when it comes to eating. As we all know, it can be tough around the holidays with all of the great food, but now that the holidays are over, it’s time to just get back on track. Now if you did come up with a resolution for yourself to be healthier, or if you just want something that is quick and tastes good for breakfast, I’ve got a great smoothie recipe.
This smoothie is packed with pineapple and bananas. It is made with creamy non-fat yogurt. You will think you’re drinking a milkshake for breakfast!-IT. IS. THAT. GOOD!
1 cup ice
Splash of skim milk
½ cup fresh pineapple chunks
½ cup non-fat plain yogurt
1 banana, broken into pieces
Honey drizzle (the amount will depend on your taste and how sweet your fruit is)
Blend according to manufacturer’s directions for smoothies/ice drinks.
Pour into a travel cup or glass. Serve with a drinking straw.
Sometimes I like to shake things up and add in a few strawberries. They will taste great and make the smoothie a gorgeous pink color!
Serves: 1 drink
- 1 cup ice
- Splash of skim milk
- ½ cup fresh pineapple chunks
- ½ cup non-fat plain yogurt
- 1 banana, broken into pieces
- Honey drizzle (the amount will depend on your taste and how sweet your fruit is)
- Place all ingredients into a blender. Drizzle in desired amount of honey.
- Blend according to manufacturer’s directions for smoothies/ice drinks.
- Pour into a travel cup or glass. Serve with a drinking straw.